Bailey HUNDO and Bailey HUNDitO Registration for 2014
You came to the right place to apply/register. Donate to another racer.
The 5th Annual Bailey HUNDO will be held June 14th, 2014 starting downtown Bailey, Colorado with the finish area celebration on the river two miles south of Bailey in a private meadow. Racers that raced the 2013 HUNDO enjoy a guaranteed entry in the 2014 race. If you are new to the HUNDO you may apply here. Your chance of getting into the race will depend on the number of racers that apply.
Note to new racers: Please complete the sections in this application that will let us know about your endurance mountain bike racing experience, your willingness to help us: get kids on mountain bikes, develop new trails, raise funds for these causes and get the word out about this amazing race!
The Path to the 2014 Bailey HUNDO: An Epic Race Making an Epic Difference
- Legacy Racer (~200 invites): If you raced the HUNDO last year, you are invited to race again. Legacy racers have until February 7th to exercise their "Legacy privilege", after that date they will register as a new racer.
- Online Application (50-100 invites): Applications will be accepted online from December 20, 2013 Noon MST to March 1st, 2014. Please note that this date has been amended from December 15 in order to accommodate our new and improved registration system. Applications will be evaluated on merit according to two primary criteria:  endurance mountain biking experience; and  demonstrate passion for supporting the Bailey HUNDO’s dual mission of promoting youth biking initiatives, and building trails in the Platte Canyon area that both serve the local community’s recreation needs and develop Bailey into a mountain biking destination by making a meaningful fundraising pledge.
- Nonprofit Partner Racer (9 invites): Each of our partner organizations has been given three Bailey HUNDO 2014 invitations to be used to drive fundraising and to distribute at their discretion. The entries may be auctioned or raffled, given as “donor appreciation” gifts to major ($500+) donors, or anything else these great organizations dream up! Please contact the following folks if you are interested in pursuing this pathway to a guaranteed invitation:
- Colorado High School Cycling League (CHSCL): Contact Kate Rau, Executive Director (email@example.com)
- Colorado Mountain Biking Association (COMBA): Contact Jason Bertolacci, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Trips For Kids Denver/Boulder: Contact Andrew Goodwillie, Executive Director (email@example.com)
- Friends and Family of the Board (12 invites): Are you on the Board? Is your spouse/child/parent on the Board? Are you BFFLs (seriously) with a Board member? You might be able to score one of these spots, but you better reciprocate the generosity with a meaningful donation!
- Badass Elite Racer or Major Sponsor Racer (~20 invites): If you are just THAT good and will elevate the level of competition (or maybe you have between ~102,910 and ~2,731,003 Twitter followers...), we might just have to keep a space open for you and go out of our way to get you to be a part of the Bailey HUNDO. Also, if your company ponies up a major sponsor donation, and you are also a devil on the bike, we will do our best to get you a spot in the race.
- National Ultra Endurance (NUE) series champions from the previous year earn an automatic entry to the HUNDO.
Hello Legacy Bailey HUNDO Racers! (Those that raced last year)
Dear 2013 Legacy Racers,
Thank you for your participation in the 2013 Bailey HUNDO.
You may have heard… in 2014 there will be a 50 mile course, the Bailey HUNDitO! Both the 100 mile and 50 mile mountain bike races will take place on Saturday, June 14th, 2014. The HUNDO and HUNDitO racers will commit to raise at least $250 each to support bicycling, trails and youth related causes in Colorado. The funds racers raised next year will benefit three nonprofit partners to the HUNDO: Trips for Kids Denver, the Colorado High School Cycling League, and the Colorado Mountain Bike Association; as well as support the effort to build trails and publicize the riding in the Bailey area.
For more information and updates on the HUNDO, please follow us on Twitter @baileyhundo, like us on Facebook, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also check out Bailey Trails! a community organized 501(c)(3) that is educating citizens and businesses in the Platte Canyon and trail enthusiasts everywhere about a plan to tap Bailey’s potential as the Front Range’s perfect recreational-trails hub. The conceptual trails “master plan,” commissioned by the HUNDO and COMBA, casts a vision of Bailey as an economically thriving trail-sports destination following in the footsteps of economic revitalization stories like Fruita, CO.
We have been doing some work behind the scenes to gear up for 2014 - a website upgrade, timing systems, finish line campground, pedestrian bridge across the river at the finish line, automobile bridge across the river to gain access to the campground, fostering a stronger partnership with Bailey and Park County community members, adding a 50 mile race and hiring new staff! Hopefully our efforts will show through in the next few months and on race day in June.
Legacy racers will select their name from a pull down list to speed their registration process into the 2014 Bailey HUNDO beginning December 20th at noon. If you don't see your name on the Legacy Racer List and did race last year, please contact registration directly at email@example.com. Use your Legacy racer privilege by February 7th or lose it.
We hope to see you in 2014!
The Bailey HUNDO board and Staff
Update Time for racers!
1. To be a financially sustainable event, and be able to remain faithful to our nonprofit mission of supporting youth biking initiatives around the state and trail building in the Platte Canyon area, the Board has decided it will leave in place the minimum racer donation of $250. There will be no flexibility on that number for racers NEW to the race in 2014. If you have questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: We are requiring a $25 registration fee up-front to reserve your spot. You will have until packet pickup day to raise the additional funds ($225+) to meet your pledge.
2. As the HUNDO is an invitational again this year, applications for invites are open for from December 20th to March 1st and can be found at www.bailey100.com/register. Tell all your friends!
3. Sponsors? To supplement the generous racer donations we receive, the HUNDO is looking for companies to help sponsor the race this year and partner with us to further our mission. Our goal is to bring in at least $100,000! Do you have a company that can help us meet this goal? Please contact the ride director at email@example.com so we can give you more information.
All of us working on the Bailey HUNDO want to thank you again for your continued support and understanding as we work to grow our small but mighty race. Your input and suggestions are valued and appreciated, so please continue to help make us aware of what we can be doing better. Looking forward to having you on that starting line again this year!
Rust-free chains and tailwinds,
The Bailey HUNDO team